We have a comprehensive solution to meet all of your needs.
At ManageAbility we continue to innovate by expanding to meet the evolving needs in the managed care industry with regard to compliance regulations. In order to help our customers meet the demands of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, ManageAbility now offers our clients CMS compliance by utilizing a qualified and specially trained Medicare Set-Aside Professional to help you meet those demands head on.
Development of a Medicare set-aside allocation is complex. Staying up to date on regulations outlined in the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) statute can be intimidating. Without the right focus and internal expertise, Medicare set-aside allocations can be managed inappropriately and lead to increased settlement costs, exposure to future liability and inappropriate allocation amounts.
Why are Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements necessary?
Medicare Secondary Payer laws are intended to prevent the shift of financial responsibility from primary payers to Medicare and therefore, place significant responsibility on all parties involved in the settlement of Workers’ Compensation cases. The recommended method to protect Medicare’s interests is a Medicare Set-Aside Agreement (MSA), which allocates a portion of the workers’ compensation settlement for future medical expenses.
Why choose ManageAbility?
- Our company has a trained, Certified MSA Professional who is a member of NAMSAP (National Association of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals)
- Our Initial Assessment will help you determine the need for an MSA
- We have a comprehensive solution to meet all of your needs
- Continuous communication & follow up with all necessary parties
- On site medical records copying by one of our ManageAbility Staff
- Determination of the eligibility of the patient for MSA
- Projection of the required funding and provide a detailed Medical Cost Analysis/Medicare Allocation
- Electronic submission of MSA to CMS
- Acquire approval from CMS for any settlement
- Social Security Eligibility Verification determination
- Determination of Medicare Conditional Payment Amount/Status